Golden State Dermatology’s Berkeley location is accepting applications for a full-time medical assistant in our Berkeley office. This is an outstanding hands-on clinical experience for those pursuing a career as a nurse, physician assistant, physician. The candidate is preferred to have dermatology experience but we will train the right candidate.
The medical assistant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Obtaining vitals & consent
- Medical supply preparations and distribution
- Documentation of office & surgical visits
- Assisting & Scribing for the medical provider
- Surgical assisting
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday. Office hours are from 8am - 5pm. The ideal candidate is a quick learner, team player, and motivated worker. A naturally caring and compassionate personality is a must.
- Training in Medical Assisting
- Experience in a medical office necessary; prior work in a Dermatology office is a plus!
- Strong computer skills. Experience with modern practice management systems and electronic medical records.
- Basic understanding of medical terms and processes, including HIPAA regulations, insurance registration, etc
Golden State Dermatology offers a wide benefits package for qualifying employees, including Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance, 401K plans, Paid Time Off, and paid holidays