Medical Assistant (Merced and Modesto)
Golden State Dermatology offers employees a full range of benefits: Health, Dental, Vision; Retirement plan, Paid Holidays and PTO. The following position is open that will require to be at our Merced and Modesto locations:
Position Summary: Perform routine administrative and patient care supportive duties to assist physicians and other staff members in the examination and treatment of patients and ensuring office runs smoothly. Responsible for patient care, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks, such as, but not limited to:
- Proficiency in EHR (electronic health record) preferably EMA
- Thorough understanding of dermatology treatments, including medical, surgical, laser, photo-therapy and others.
- Work requires the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Working knowledge of sterile techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting. Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
- Able to document and communicate pertinent information.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinical staff.
- Knowledge of communicable diseases, toxic substances, medical lasers, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
- Skilled in tact and diplomacy. Able to follow HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Skilled in patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant programs, preferably with certification.
- Requires heavy lifting, full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.